At Aycliffe Village Primary & Nursery School, Design and Technology should be fully inclusive to every child.
Our aims are to:
- fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum and Early Year Foundation Stage for design and technology,
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum,
- ensure the progressive development of knowledge and skills,
- to learn how to take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens through evaluation of past and present design and technology,
- develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world,
- participate successfully in an increasingly technological world using the language of design and technology.
Our intent, implementation and impact statements for Design Technology can be found in our Design and Technology Policy
Click on our Design Technology long term plan to see how we teach design and technology from EYFS – Year 6
Click on our Design and Technology Skills Progression document to see how we assess progression.